Thursday, August 4, 2011

Madelyn's First Swim!!

So I was being optimistic and set up our above ground pool the other day. Last year, even on the few days it was in the 90's the water was still pretty cool by the time I got off work. So, this year I bought a solar cover for the pool in hopes that it would keep the water warm and also keep the bugs out. And it worked great! This week it has been in the 70's but with the solar cover the water was warmer than it ever was last year. So tonight once Nick got home we took Madelyn for her first swim. She did really well. She seemed to like and didn't start to cry until I think she got a little cold and her diaper was completely saturated. (It was a good advertisement for pampers. We weighed the diaper afterward - 1lb 4oz. Compare that to a 0.5 oz dry diaper and that means that diaper held 1lb 3.5 oz of water which is almost 3 cups of water!) Needless to say, Baby M and I will be out in the pool a lot more during the day. :) Check out this slide show of the swim.

No comments: