It has been brought to my attention that I am a giant blog slacker. I think my problem is, I don't want to post unless its something big, so I don't. But then when something big does come along, it seems like such a daunting task, so I don't. So I'm going to try to do better and post smaller things more often and also the bigger things.
So, 10 weeks ago my mom challenged us(Me, Nick, and my brother and his wife) to a biggest loser competition. The prize $150 to the winner, $50 if your spouse comes in 2nd and $50 to anyone else who also made it to the qualifying goal. (You had to lose at least 8% of your body weight in order to qualify). It was tough. I got the flu for a few days in the middle so that helped me out a bit. At the week 9 weigh in everyone was still a ways off from the goal, but with a 9 lbs weight loss for Nick last week and a 4.2 lb weight loss for me, we clinched 1st and 2nd place!- Giving us the maximum prize possible. Nick had a total weight loss of 27 lbs and I had 14.2 lbs over the 10 weeks. Now the trick is to keep the weight off. Also it sounds like we might try to start it up again after a 2 week break. Which will be good, because if I want to achieve my goals of a 1/2 marathon, a triathlon, and the STP this summer, I've got to get in a different shape besides round. :) Wish me luck, and keep me on track!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who told you you were a "giant blog slacker??" The *real* problem is you keep charging me with the duty of updating the blog. :-(
Thanks for posting! Indeed the Biggest Loser has been a good challenge, specifically engineered to run through Thanksgiving and Christmas. You did a great job! It's a lot easier to eat healthier once you already have some momentum. Good thing we've got all these veggies in our fridge now!
Post a Comment